This is the data i gathered at home which represents the energy consumption used within 24 hours from different appliances in each room.
This screenshot shows the data i gathered into a table. It is split into three sections for the rooms I recorded the data on. The crosses shows that the appliances are not being used and the tick shows it is being used.
For this screenshot, it shows I placed the data into a graph.
Our exercise was to get into groups and discuss about the data we collected and find out if we had collected any similar readings. We then had to decide on how we can visually display our data put together in a map made out of thread and pins.
My group decided to show the stand by energy that is used in the kitchen, e.g washing machine etc. and the energy that is actually used. The diagonal lines below the yellow line are the stand by energy and the lines above the yellow line are the energy that is actually used. The length of the lines represents how long we used the appliance for. So the shorter the line, the less hours it is used for and the longer the line, the longer hours it is used for.
After we finished creating our maps we had to swap groups and analyis how they presented their data in their maps and add our own data into how they presented theirs.

This group decided to show their own individual energy consumption in a 24 hour clock by having their own coloured thread instead of presenting it by appliances. So each segment represented the total of energy consumption by hours for each individual. However, for which room they were representing their data for was not clear.
Once my group understood how they displayed their data, we started to decide on how we were going to represent our data on their map. We ended up deciding on instead of starting to represent our data from the middle point of the circle we will start from a random point as you can see from the picture and we followed their method of the segments representing the total of hours.